5 reasons, why I’m not interested in Google’s new hardware
Google is becoming the new Apple: Hardware for prices starting at $700, big advertisements and big product presentations. But that’s why I don’t like their products. Here are 5 reasons why I’m not interested into Google’s new hardware:
- They are too expensive: I’m not willing to pay more than $700 for just a phone! The average money I spend for a phone is around $150. Also Google Home and Google WiFi are quite expensive with almost $200 each.
- They are ugly: In my opinion the Pixel and the Pixel XL are ugly. This white area on the upper part looks bad. And the phones remind me a lot to iPhones. But also look at Google Home. It doesn’t look quite good. It’s to big and the shape is strange too.
- They aren’t better than products from other manufacturers. But more expensive. Other manufacturers have much more experience of how to build a good phone, people love. Google tries to make the phone more worth with better software. We’ll see if this works.
- They are just hyped. Everytime Google publishes something new, wether an app or another product or service, the hype train starts. It’s the same with Apple. But when the hype ends, noone is interested into the great things anymore.
- AI might be the future, but wait some months and other phones will have Google Assistant like features too. So no need to buy the first phone that has a deep AI integration. By the way, I would prefer an Echo by Amazon, than Google Home.
This is just my opinion! You might see it different, but I don’t care about it. Have fun in your Google world!