This are great news for people with multiple profiles on Facebook (for whatever reasons ? )
Facebook announced multiple account support for Messenger at least on Android.
Here's how it works according to the announcement post:
- In the Messenger for Android settings, look for a section called â€˜Accounts'.
- Add the accounts related to each person â€“ signing up with Messenger takes only a few steps, and you don't need to be on Facebook.
- The first time someone switches from another account on a phone to their account, we will require a password. After this, the user can choose whether to always require a password.
- In just three steps, you can move between accounts, and your private messages will always remain just that â€“ private. It's as simple as that.
- Of course if you want to stop sharing a phone, it's simple to remove your account from that particular device.
The main reason for this feature is not to add the possibility to manage multiple accounts more easy. It's directed to people who share their phone with their family etc..
What do you think about this new feature? Leave a commentâ€¦